Knowledge gain – week of 12/21/07 – mind work
- If you can abstract a problem raising it to a higher level you can find solution from different disciplines
- “What if?” is a great way to start a brain storm discussion or just for getting the imagination working.
- The first step for dealing with self constraints and presumption is to become aware of them.
- The best way to raise awareness is through discussions or writing.
- I’m still looking for more ways.
- Asking why x n times can help getting to the root cause of why are we still doing this this way?
- Process, system or communication break down is an opportunity that exposes fixation – learn from it
- New manager, new team member, new workplace and any other change is another opportunity for self learning.
- I just read that Russia looses 100 people by the hour. Not sure where these people are going to but it made me think about countries in the same way I think about companies. Retention is a global problem in any level. You need to treat your people fairly, give them a sense of purpose and show good record of success because there are lots of competing option out there.